You may have heard about “keto” or a ketogenic diet that is trending as a lifestyle game-changer for people looking to improve their health and well-being. Keto isn’t just a diet; it is a lifestyle.
And there is so much more to it than just losing weight. In fact, the benefits of a keto lifestyle may be just what you’ve been looking for to feel your best.
Are you ready to discover how keto can change your life for the better? Read on to learn more about keto and the amazing benefits this type of lifestyle has to offer.
WHAT IS KETO?
The goal of keto is to train your body to burn fat for fuel instead of sugar by putting your body into a metabolic state of ketosis. Simply stated, those on a keto diet eat a high-fat, moderate protein diet and very-few-to-no carbohydrates. Their diet typically includes:
By maintaining a state of ketosis – which happens when you deplete your body of stored sugar – your body looks for another way to find energy. This is when your liver takes over and produces ketones, which your body then uses as its primary energy source.
HOW CAN KETO BENEFIT ME?
Here are some ways you may benefit from a keto lifestyle:
- Weight loss– This is the obvious benefit, and a big one since those on a responsible keto diet are burning fat as their energy source. You’re basically turning your body into a fat-burning machine.†
- Sharper mental focus– Eating carbs spikes blood sugar levels, which causes a rollercoaster ride for your energy source. Limiting your carb intake helps keep blood sugars in check and your energy source on an even keel, thus helping your brain stay focused for longer periods of time.†
- May improve heart health– A keto diet may help to lower your triglyceride levels (the amount of fat in your blood) while raising HDL (good cholesterol) levels, which reduces your risk for heart disease. The higher the triglyceride numbers, the greater the risk.†
- Increased energy– Living a keto lifestyle will leave you feeling more energized throughout the day, since your body is burning its unlimited fat supply for energy. This means no more feeling sluggish or looking for an afternoon nap.†
- Curbs food cravings– Keto keeps you feeling fuller longer since you’re not eating all those carbs, which can leave you scrambling for a sugary fix.†
†The information provided is not an endorsement of any product, and is intended for educational purposes only. NaturesPlus does not provide medical advice and does not offer diagnosis of any conditions. Current research on this topic is not conclusive and further research may be needed in order to prove the benefits described.
The conditions and symptoms described may be indicative of serious health problems, and therefore should be brought to the attention of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.