Andrographis has a long history of usage among practitioners of India’s traditional herbalism, known as Ayurveda. Here's what you need to know about this fascinating herb.
What Is It?
- Andrographis paniculata, an herb that grows throughout the tropical regions of Asia and the South Pacific
- An important herb in Ayurveda, India’s traditional healing system†
How Does It Support Immune Health?
- Long history of traditional usage for fever and sore throat†
- Modern research has found it to have anti-infective properties†
What Are Its Other Functions?
- Traditionally used as a digestive aid†
- Has been found to have liver-protective capabilities†
- May support reductions in blood sugar levels†
What Supplemental Forms Are Best?
- Popularly used in combination with other natural immune-support herbs and nutrients*
What Else Should I Know?
Andrographis is commonly known as the “king of bitters”; bitter herbs have traditionally been used to support proper digestion††The information provided is not an endorsement of any product, and is intended for educational purposes only. NaturesPlus does not provide medical advice and does not offer diagnosis of any conditions. Current research on this topic is not conclusive and further research may be needed in order to prove the benefits described.
The conditions and symptoms described may be indicative of serious health problems, and therefore should be brought to the attention of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
Like this article? You’ll love our weekly newsletter
sign up here!
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.