Core work lies at the heart of any serious fitness program. Here are two surefire core blasters, courtesy of the American Council on Exercise.
2. Pull in your core muscles. Then slowly extend your left leg backwards until it is at, or near parallel, to the floor without any rotation in the hip. Your goal is to keep both hips parallel to the floor.
3. Slowly raise your right arm until it is at, or near parallel, to the floor without any tilting at the shoulders. Your goal is to keep the both shoulders parallel to the floor.
4. Gently lower yourself back to your starting position and repeat with the opposite limbs.
2. Exhale, contract your core muscles and slowly raise both legs a few inches off the floor while simultaneously raising both arms a few inches off the floor; avoid any rotation in the limbs, arching in the back or raising of the head. Hold this position briefly.
3. Gently inhale and lower legs and arms back to the starting position without any movement in the low back or hips.
Like this article? You’ll love our weekly newsletter
sign up here!
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.