Looking for a keto-friendly version of chocolate cake? Our recipe features KetoLiving™ LCHF Chocolate Shake powder along with sugar-free chocolate chips and cocoa powder for triple-powered chocolate goodness!
1 1/3 cups sugar-free chocolate chips
8 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
3 eggs, whites and yolks divided, at room temperature
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
1/2 cup KetoLiving LCHF Chocolate Shake powder, divided in half
1. Grease an 8" or 9" springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Heat the oven to 350°.
2. In a double boiler or microwave on low, melt chocolate chips with the butter. Stir in cocoa powder until well combined. Stir in salt and half of KetoLiving Chocolate (and vanilla extract, if using).
3. Beat the other half of KetoLiving Chocolate into the egg yolks until combined. Beat in the melted chocolate mixture in thirds until combined, adding 3–4 tbsp of water at a time, until a loosely thick batter forms.
4. Whisk the egg whites until fluffy, soft peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate batter in four parts.
5. Spread batter into greased pan and bake 26 minutes for thick, fudgy results. When a toothpick is inserted, only a little batter should stick. Let cool completely (3–4 hours or overnight in fridge).
6. Place in freezer for 10 minutes before cutting for a smooth edge. Dust with cocoa powder or sugar-free chocolate shavings.