The longing look at your plate, the whine: If you have a dog or cat, chances are your friend has begged for some of what youre having.
But despite that feed me face (yeah, its adorable), giving pets people food isnt always a good idea. These lists are not comprehensive and even allowable foods should be given in small quantities. And always check with the vet first, especially if your pal has a pre-existing condition.
Human Food Pets Can Have
- Apples (no seeds)
- Carrots (cooked for cats)
- Corn (off the cob)
- Eggs (cooked)
- Green peas (not canned)
- Lean meats, poultry (cooked, no fat or bones)
- Salmon (cooked, no bones)
Human Foods Pets Cant Have
- Garlic/onion (and others in that family)
- Raw dough
Human Foods Pets May Be Able to Have
Check for signs of intolerance, such as vomiting or diarrhea
- Avocado (flesh only)
- Dairy (hard cheeses are best)
- Deli meats (beware of salt/additives)
- Nuts/seeds (macadamias, never)
- Peanut butter (no salt/sugar/other additives; OK for dogs more than cats)
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.