What Is It?
- Andrographis paniculata, an herb that grows throughout the tropical regions of Asia and the South Pacific
- An important herb in Ayurveda, India’s traditional healing system†
How Does It Support Immune Health?
- Long history of traditional usage for fever and sore throat†
- Modern research has found it to have anti-infective properties†
- Has shown anti-viral actions in studies†
What Are Its Other Functions?
- Traditionally used as a digestive aid†
- Has been found to have liver-protective capabilities†
- May support reductions in blood sugar levels†
What Supplemental Forms Are Best?
- Popularly used in combination with other natural substances, such as the herb olive leaf and a special type of fiber called arabinogalactans
What Else Should I Know?
Andrographis is commonly known as the “king of bitters”; bitter herbs have traditionally been used to support proper digestion†
†The information provided is not an endorsement of any product, and is intended for educational purposes only. NaturesPlus does not provide medical advice and does not offer diagnosis of any conditions. Current research on this topic is not conclusive and further research may be needed in order to prove the benefits described.