5 Ways to Keep Your Hair Looking Fabulous
By Lisa James
It’s tempting to let your hair go when you aren’t leaving the house all that much. But don’t do it! Looking good will make you feel better about yourself.
Maintain a healthy head of hair with these simple tips:
- Don’t overwash—twice a week is plenty, using lukewarm, not hot, water. And let your hair air-dry versus using a dryer.
- Add moisture in the form of coconut oil. Best way: rub it into your hair and wrap with a towel. Then enjoy a movie before washing it out.
- Use a satin pillowcase to avoid hair breakage.
- Massage your scalp regularly to encourage better blood flow to your hair’s roots.
- Eat a healthy diet (fresh produce, lean protein, whole grains—you know the drill) and supplement it with MSM, evening primrose oil, ginkgo and flax seed.